Youthsphere respects your privacy rights and has adopted clear guidelines for all of its departments and offices requiring that information you submit will only be used for the purposes for which you have consented. Youthsphere will never sell, rent, loan, trade or lease your personal information to any third party. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information.
How does Youthsphere collect and use my personal information?
Youthsphere collects and uses your personal information to respond to your requests for information, products and services. Unless we have your consent, your personal information submitted online will only be used or shared for purposes related to your request.
Information You Provide
Youthsphere collects personal information when you:
- Request information about degree programs on our Information Request Forms. We use this information to provide you with program information via mail, phone, and email. Your personal information is used to answer your questions and to contact you regarding your interest in our programs. It is not shared with outside parties.
- Apply to become a student using our online applications. This personal information is collected and provided securely to our Admissions offices. Youthsphere keeps the information you provide confidential and uses it only for purposes related to your request. Upon your acceptance as a student at Youthsphere, the official Student Records Policy governs the use and release of student information.
- Order and pay for products online at our online bookstore. Information such as name, email address, phone number, and physical address may be requested. If you purchase one of our products, we may also collect a valid credit card number, expiration date and billing address, which we will use for the purpose of the single transaction only.
- Contact Youthsphere using online forms with a question or suggestion in which we collect your name, email address and any comments you have. If your question identifies you as a potential student, we may use your contact information to inquire about your continued interest in our programs. For all other inquiries, we only use your information to respond to and/or resolve your question or concern.
- Register for a member account in order to join our online alumni community. Some alumni are automatically registered for a member account (using name and email address). As part of this community you can choose to share as much or as little of your personal information as you’d like. At all times, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of membership in the community, and at all times you may choose which information, if any, you wish to make available to others in the community.
When accessing Youthsphere websites, we may give you the ability to submit optional information, such as gender, when you plan to attend, and how you heard about Youthsphere. Optional fields are NOT marked with a red asterisk (*), as is the case with required fields. Optional information is requested to help us better understand our clients, customers, and Web visitors. If you have requested that we send you additional information regarding Youthsphere products, services, and events, we may also use the optional information to fulfill this request.
When visitors use our website, Youthsphere may collect technical information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. This information (sometimes referred to as "non-personally identifiable information") may include which pages visitors view on our website, which browser they use to view our website and terms they use to search our website. This technical data is aggregated to provide an overview of the browsing patterns of large groups of unidentified visitors and is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of the Youthsphere website. We do not combine this technical data with the personal information we collect on our website.
How does Youthsphere secure my personal information?
Youthsphere uses a variety of safeguards to protect your sensitive information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. For example, whenever you send us sensitive information, we redirect you to a secured server to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any information transmitted to or from Youthsphere during your session at our website. We also only provide access to your personal information to Youthsphere employees and other authorized parties on a "need to know" basis.
For the purposes of this policy, sensitive information is defined to be the combination of name, home address, birth date, and any additional information. Social security number, credit card number, and driver’s license number are always considered to be sensitive information, regardless of the other information submitted. For the purposes of this policy, name and email address in combination are not considered to be sensitive.
Please be careful whenever sending sensitive information to Youthsphere via email. Email is not necessarily a secure means of transferring information.